HP ENVY 4520 PRINTER DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE
“Hp Envy 4520 Printer Driver Is Unavailable” error means either the driver installed against your printer is not compatible or is outdated. It may also mean the driver is corrupt, and it is not recognized by the computer.
If the computer doesn’t recognize or function with the driver, you won’t be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs. This issue is very common in the world of printing, and can be fixed here and there with a few tweaks. Check out the solutions below.
Solution 1: Printer uninstall
Mostly there are two main solutions that can be used to counter the Hp Envy 4520 Printer Driver Is Unavailable ‘ error. You can either uninstall the printer, all the related software, or then install it in your system. Either this or you can go through all available drivers and choose the right driver for your device.
- We will uninstall the Hp Envy 4520 Printer Driver and all the associated software, and then try to connect it. In turn this will install the default drivers.
- Press Windows + R, type “control” and press Enter in the dialog box. Make sure that the option View by: Large icons are selected once inside the control panel. Now click on Appliances and Printers.
- All printers are listed here. Right-click the printer that causes the problem, and chooses “Remove device.”
- Now again press Windows + R, and type “devmgmt.msc.” Navigate to the “Print queues” tab, right-click on your printer, then pick “Uninstall tool.” This may not be present after you remove your printer from the control panel so if you don’t have it, nothing to worry about.
- Now press Windows + R, type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter. All the applications are listed here. Right-click and select “Uninstall” on all your printer application.
- Disconnect your printer from your computer after performing all of the above steps if it connects via a USB connection, or disconnect it from the router if it is using wireless. Turn off your computer, printer, and router. Plug all of them out of the power supply.
- Plug everything back after waiting about 10 minutes, and start all the modules. Originally connect the printer to your computer via a USB cable. Wait for detection, and let the required drivers be installed.
- Now go back to the control panel, right-click the device and choose “Set as the default printer.” Now try to print a test page and check if it solves the problem.
Solution 2: Manually reinstall Latest drivers
If the above solution doesn’t work, we’ll try to manually update the printer drivers. There are also some instances where the printer works perfectly but it gets broken due to a Windows update. Windows updated drivers may be problematic, and may not work for all systems. This case was noted particularly with HP printers. One way to address this problem is by manually updating the selected driver by installing it from the manufacturer’s website and then disabling the driver’s Windows update.
- Before you proceed, make sure to navigate to the manufacturer’s website and download to an accessible location the specific drivers intended for your hardware.
- To start the Run Type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box press Windows + R and hit Enter. This will launch Device Manager for your computer.
- Navigate through all of the hardware, open the “Print queues” sub-menu, right-click on your hardware printer and select “Update driver.”
- Windows will now pop up a dialog box asking you how you want your driver to be updated. Select the second option (Browse the driver software on my computer) and proceed.
- Select the driver file you downloaded and update it accordingly using the browse button when it appears.
Note: In some cases the device manager may not have the printer visible. In that situation, simply run the installer, and automatically install the driver.
Check if this is where the printer is working properly. If so, navigate to Microsoft’s official website and download the “wushowhide.diagcab” package
- Run the packet and then click next.
- Now pick the button to Hide Notifications.
Now select update printer (if any) and proceed. Now Windows update does not update the printer’s drivers automatically unless you order them to.